Monday, February 9, 2009

TPACK in Digital Storybook

Through using a digital storybook, I will help my students to develop their reading comprehension by reading, interpreting, and analyzing the text to a song that they know. In my example, I am using the text to "Ode to Joy." The children will analyze the text to the song they have chosen by making connections to themselves and to their prior knowledge. Based on their analysis of the text, they will come up with symbols or picture they can draw that will represent the lines of the text. They will then draw these pictures and use them as the background for the lines they go along with. For pedagogy in this lesson, I will need to know how to help the children best interpret their text. I will need to come up with good thought questions for my students to help them connect the text with their prior experiences and knowledge. The technology I'll be using in this lesson is PhotoStory, which will allow the students and myself to create our own digital storybooks. Also, we will use freeplaymusic.com to get music for the background of our storybooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment