Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Plans for Incorporating Technology

My plan for using technology in a lesson is to show a couple of short video clips at the beginning of a guided reading lesson I am doing tomorrow with a group of 4 students. The focus of my lesson is on helping the children to use vocal expression and intonation when they read, as well as reading smoothly instead of breaking up their reading word-by-word. I will be showing them a clip of monkeys making noises to talk about using expression and intonation when we read. Also, I will show them a clip of swans gliding smoothly to talk about making their reading smooth.

I think that this will be a fun way to get them thinking about what their reading should sound like. It will give them a visual and audio example of how to read smoothly and expressively. I think they will enjoy it, and I think it will be a helpful use of technology that will reinforce what I am teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment