Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Internet Safety

1. For my 4th article on internet safety, I chose to read "Fighting Internet Filth," by Mario Hipol. This article was very helpful and gave a lot of great suggestions for specific things parents could do to help protect their families from encountering problems and filth on the internet. The article was great because it described how to do specific things with the internet, and it was in simple terms and in great detail so that any parents could follow the instructions and use it in their homes.

2. I think that the most important thing I learned from the readings is that it is essential to make a commitment NOW to protect my home and my classroom from internet filth. I learned from these articles that there are so many things we can do as precautionary measures so that we prevent problems before they even happen. I recognized through these readings that we should do everything we can to prevent problems so that we don't have to deal with them when they arise.

3. After reading these articles, I have a new resolve to do what I can to protect my future family and my future classroom from all the filth and problems that can occur with the internet. Before I read these articles, I did recognize that there were lots of problems that could arise with the internet. However, I don't think I really realized how important it is to safeguard against these problems and to do everything I can to prevent issues before they arise.

4. I think that the most important thing I can do to help my family members and friends with internet safety would be to share what I have learned and make sure they are aware of all the things they can do to safeguard themselves and their families against the evils that can come up through the internet. I can help my friends and family to know how to get to resources that can help them with ensuring that they are protected from harmful internet content. Also, I can make sure they are aware of different ways they can be knowledgeable about the internet and other potentially harmful technology so that they will be able to protect those they love from problems that can arise.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading my article Diane. It is great to see what other are able to get from it.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete